My understanding is he was an influence until his death in his 80's in 1996 or '67 (I'm drawing on memory here, so I'm probably off a little). I can see where the next man after Walter P. was held in such regard.

I just bought a '68 LeBaron and it's amazing how much headroom there is in this vehicle, and the impression this creates of even greater interior space than in a Crown. I attribute this extra headroom in part to Mr. Keller and his love of hats, but I'm not sure if this is correct or not.

Mark

On Sunday, September 4, 2005, at 02:19 PM, A. Foster wrote:

Mark;
? The following K.T Keller has probably stems from the fact that he was the man that took over Chrysler after Walter P. retired, which I believe was around 1940, and the man held the job until 1956. Interesting that they don't have the?Dietric era or immediately post war?Imperials listed under K.T Keller either.
? Though the box on box hat height design is attributed to K.T. Keller, the inspiration really?came from Studebaker's?first post war designs.?The same basic shape was also copied by Ford and, to a lesser extent, G.M. The only difference being that Chrysler was a little more conservative in their interpretation but the roots?from Studebaker?can be seen in profile. Chrysler was following a trend in 1949, not setting one.
?? The early 1950's was an important period for Chrysler and the Imperial which needs to be examined in greater detail. Most are seen as having dull or dowdy styling, which they did have compared to the later 50's, but they need to be examined in the context of the day in which they were produced and what the competition was offering.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport needing a left side tailight bezel and other trim parts.
?

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark McDonald
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Survey Results

Dear Arran,

I had to laugh reading your message! (Not at you, but with you.) Here you have pointed out something I didn't really know, about the differences between the late 40's cars and the early 50's. I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but I think you have a point. I wonder why K.T. Keller has such a name among Chrysler collectors, but not Mr. Colbert??? I know Mr. Keller's influence lasted all the way to the 68's, but Mr. Colbert also spanned a long time at Chrysler.

BTW, I didn't mean to criticize anyone who didn't e-mail on this subject; I just meant to encourage those who hang back (for whatever reason) to get more involved. But yes, I sometimes can't participate either because I have so little time.

Maybe you could educate us a bit more on the differences between these years.

Mark M