Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 8:53 PM
Subject: IML: Anybody know David Struck?

Well, here's an interesting twist in a continuing saga.

Several years ago, IMLer Carmine, from Detroit, was transferred to Phoenix, and started to send some nice old Mopars back to the rust belt from whence they originated.  One of those was a 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe, in Mist Turquoise with a black full vinyl top.  Carmine managed to sell it before I could snag the car, and I've been looking for something similar ever since.  Two years ago, I bought IMLer Carl Geffken's red 68 Imp Convertible, but I passed on his offer to sell me his Haze Green (is it safe to use that phrase now?) 68 Sedan, despite its great condition, because I longed for that turquoise coupe that Carmine had sold.

Flash forward to a few days ago. I went to Pittsburgh to see a turquoise 68 Crown Coupe. It's in nice enough shape that I persuaded myself that it HAS to be the same car that Carmine sold a few years back. I was going to ask him privately for the VIN to confirm, as well as who he sold it to, until this unusual problem arose.

My Pittsburgh seller has sent me a copy of the title for the Imperial. It is plainly for a 1968 Newport Convertible. The seller can't figure out how they managed to keep the title for the 68 Newport that they traded to David Struck in Detroit, when they traded that car for the 68 Imp.  The seller asked me to help him find David Struck to sort out this error, so, here goes:
Does anybody know David Struck?

I've checked www.411.com and forwarded the three possibilities to the Pittsburgh seller to follow up, but it would be pretty nifty if the IML could turn up Mr. Struck directly.

Also, of course, if Carmine is out there, I'd sure be interested to learn the VIN of Carmine's 68 coupe, and the details of the guy who bought it from him.

Dick Woodside