Re: IML: 2nd reply regarding 14" tires

In a message dated 9/8/2005 8:42:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, chrysler62imperial@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm glad that Ernie Stepney reports good performance from his Coker's.   But
I have to ask:  are
they worth the very high price over 'close', modern alternatives?   The
Coker P235/75R14s cost
about 2.5 times the amount for a P225/75R14 from Goodyear or Cooper!

Jerry,
One of the factors involved is the look of the tire on the car.  Radials sit a bit lower than bias ply tires already, add the factor of one size smaller and you get a tire that looks too small on the car.  This is generally the case when  standard radials are put on the late 50s ansd early 60s Imperials and Lincolns.

John Muller - Atlanta