RE: IML: First Status report - fuel sending unit

RE: IML: First Status report - fuel sending unit

Javier,

Not much info, but - I did check my 67 parts catalog; I think they'd be the same.  Many parts interchange between MOPAR lines, but the Imperial appears to have its own fuel "gauge" (parts catalog term for the sending unit).

Have you checked function of the sender, or had it checked?  For ballpark figures, you should probably read about 7 ohms resistance at one end of travel, and about 70 ohms at the other end.  May be that cleaning it well, and replacing the float (seems to be common with many cars, MOPAR and otherwise), will have it going again.  I've had more trouble with the parts under the dash, the float, and adequate ground than with the actual sending units.

Good luck.

Michael