IML: Threads?

Hello All,
Just a quick note to ask what is up with the flap about threads? The greatest thing about this site is the FREE FLOW of ideas and general knowledge.  Something that was told to me  several years ago is applicable in this situation. If you do not like a thread - hit the delete button. I for one will not abide by emails being CENSORED. To begin with, who of the volunteer staff has the time for a DAILY review of all emails? Secondly, this opens a pandoras box. If the person editing the emails does not like a topic - guess what? The topic is never discussed. Now, I am the first to admit that some topics do get out of hand. But, up to this point, the moderators have stopped topics that either go on and on or; have the potential to start trouble. It seems to me that if all concerned remember what the mailing list is designed to do - all should run smoothly.

                                          Allan from Billings Montana