From: JAY D'ANGELO [mailto: cadij@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 01:31:36 +0000
Subject: IML: Pertronix ignition/ 64 413

I just bought the Ignitor II electronic ignition setup for my 64 Iml 413/
I've read everything on the IML website, but still can't find an answer:

1. Pertronix says to run the red module wire (dist +) to the ignition side
of the ballast resister (passenger side or driver side?). Then what - run
another wire back to the coil?

2. They, however, recommend that the ballasr resister be disconnected and
the wires connected to eliminate it entirely. If I do that, the red wire
can go directly to the + side of the coil.

The question is: if I do bypass it entirely, what, if any, problems will I
experience? I know the ballast resister is to protect the points, but if
that is its only function (since I'm dumping the points) then am I oorrect
in assuming that it is OK to bypass the ballast resister? And, (I'm real
dumb in this area) if not, what side of the BR does the wire go to and is
that the only connection?

Thot I'd ask those who have been there and done that.

Thanks,

Jay