Re: IML:1960 Oil Pressure

hi, petrol reads "0" temp reads"0" oil reads high , speedo does what it wants!

best wishes, steve.

From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML:1960 Oil Pressure
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:15:36 -0400

Is your Oil Pressure Gauge the only one that reads high? The Fuel, Temperature, and Oil Pressure are all connected to a voltage limiter that can sometimes stick, causing the gauges to peg, eventually burning them out.

The Oil Pressure should read high when cold, and lower when warm, depending on engine speed. Mine reads in the middle when warm and cruising. Too low, or too high are not good. Too low usually means worn bearings or failing pump. Too high usually means stuck relief valve.

If you have a doubt about it, you can have it checked by inserting a temporary gauge in the line under the hood to test.

Paul W.