Re: IML: parking brake

I don't think that you can get new replacement parts for this brake. Most of the parts can be reconditioned. Those that can't will likely have to be replaced with used parts. The OIC Web site has a list of Imperial Parts Vendors. I think Imperial Heaven or Lowell Howe's place should be able to supply you with what you need.

This brake should seldom need repair. However, if it is ever needed to stop the car in an emergency, it and the drive shaft should be fully inspected for possible damage. Although it will stop the car, it will put a lot of strain on lots of old/worn parts that are suceptible to failure.

Paul W.