Re: IML: Parking brake (exhaust, actually)

Re: IML: Parking brake (exhaust, actually)

> From: "kenneth chilton" <finfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: IML: parking brake
>
> next week i will take  the car  to have a complete  exhaust   system
fitted
>  [by a trusted company ]   the FSM   shows the imperial   with to mufflers
> on each  side  .  our car has only one each side  and im sure that ththere
> are not the originals  .   DID  ALL  IMPERIAL EXHAUST SYSTEMS  HAVE 2
> MUFFLERS  EACH  SIDE    WHEN  NEW .
> KEN    IN THE UK

   What year is your car again? I didn't think any of the driveshaft-brake
cars came from the factory with dual exhaust, but I could be mistaken. In
any case, all Imperials came with a muffler and a resonator (basically
another, different muffler) on each exhaust. It makes the car even quieter.
I'd stick with dual exhaust, even if it isn't original, since it's just
better. Your tastes may differ, though. Good luck with the inspection
weasels.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT