Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 4:24 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: alternator and PS Belt for 1960 Imperial

By the way, for all IML'ers with 61-66 Imperials, did
you know Imperials specified a different belt for its
cars with A/C than standard Chryslers?  Yes, the
A/C-alternator belt is 66" long, while the same belt
on a Chrysler is 68" long.  Can't tell you why!

So, if you have dancing belts when you engage your
compressor, it might be helped by switching to the
shorter belt.

Your friendly local parts person will always list the
longer Chrysler belt, so it is helpful to know the
shorter belt was also used on 1966 Dodge Polaras with
a 383 engine.   Just ask for the AC/alt belt for that
vehicle and you'll get the correct belt for your 61-66
Imperial.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron