Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 4:41 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Polarizing a generator

Hello All

I just had the armature on my 40 amp generator rewound.
Prior to rewinding the generator was charging but it was obvious something was wrong (running very hot and the amp gauge was moving back and forth).
Sunday I reinstalled the generator and it does not charge.
I recall reading something about polarizing a generator but do not recall the procedure.
If the generator should be polarized what is the exact procedure?
Thanks for any help provided.

Mel
1959 LeBaron FDHT