IML: Pearlescent Leather

I'll second Chris on using Keleen Leathers.  I worked with Linda there on matching the alabaster and the silver blue pearlescent leathers.  Anyone who needs those colors can get the right stuff from Keleen.  I do need to get some of the red leather for my '65 Crown Coupe and '66 conv.  I'd be happy to work on getting a good match for all of us.  In my case also,  I have good back seats to match to new front leather.

I think the pearlescent/metallic leathers are important to the '50s and '60s Imperial interiors as the newer matte finish leathers look out of place.  These interiors are busy with lots of chrome accents and the leather needs to complement and hold its' own against all the glitter.  The only downside to modern leathers is that they are not quite as thick as original.

If enough people need the red leather, we can not only get a good price on a batch, but it can also be vat-dyed instead of sprayed.  I have no idea of the current price of leather from Keleen, and if they already have the color matched, then we're good to go .   There is no need to accept something close, as I know Keleen will do a great match if we work with them.

Let me know who's interested and I'll get started.
Best,
Roger