From: GeoNort@xxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:11:48 EDT
Subject: Re: IML: '66 Imperial registration VS Chrysler registrtion

It took me 3 trips with my Imperial to get Calif. DMV to change my Imperial form Chrysler on the title & registration. When I bought the car it was registered as an Imperial. The clerk who did the title change input Chrysler into the data for Sacramento. I didn't catch it till I got the new title in the mail. I went back to get it corrected & was told Imperial was not a make but a model. I had the car available but they wouldnt budge. I went home got titles to two other Imperials I had plus, my  ORIGINALl FSM & Luckly a photo copy of the Title form the guy  I bought the car from. I marched in with this data plus again having the car available. I made the supervisor look at the car. No place on it did it say Chrysler! Then I showed the other titles & the FSM. Thats when they looked in a OLD paperback Manual they had stached under the counter. Guess what under Chrysler Corporation was the make IMPERIAL. They had no choice but to make it right. I might ad that other than gas & time they couldnt charge me anything since it was there mistake. Oh I did also get an appology for putting me thru all the hassel. Good luck.

George Norton

1964 Crown
1964 LeBaron