Re: IML: 1960 4dr-electric window ..... drivers side front.

Re: IML: 1960 4dr-electric window ..... drivers side front.

Comparing what you already have installed will be the
best way to go.  Words only go so far.

There are two window motors that are correct for the
door of the 1960 Imperial (not vent window).  Both
interchange, so it does not matter which is used.

The motors are cylindrical, about 4-5 inches in
diameter like a soda can and have a chrome driveshaft
coming out of one end that has a rubber collar on it.
The driveshaft is beveled so that one side has been
ground flat.  There is a 2-spade connector in a
plastic housing or two seperate spade connectors.
clamp in door acts as ground, so 2 connectors are for
forward/reverse positive 12v power.

The driveshaft fits into a rubber propeller shaft that
is rubberized and has a corresponding hole on each end
that matches the driveshaft and can be installed
either way.

Some are black painted metal, silver unpainted, or
black with a silver band around the middle.

Later versions have an entire transmission with a
star-wheel/gear that is spinning 90 degrees from the
axis of the cylinder of the motor.  This fits 1964 and
later cars and can't interchange.

1960 style window motors were poorly designed and
fail.  Grab them whenever you see them should you have
the opportunity.

-Kenyon

--- stephen dilley <stephendilley@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> thanks kenyon, checked my last message and agree a
> tad baffling!?! somehow i
> erased the context, being Electric Window. i have a
> replacement part from
> impparts(bob) i am trying to fit it. was looking for
> specs sheet and diagram
> as i may have the wrong type??? unable to access
> other front door at this
> time to compare.
>

> best wishes, steve.

> response will be