From: Jeff Cantor [mailto: jcantor791@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:00:50 -0500
Subject: IML: Power Antenna Question

My '56 Sedan has a replacement fixed mast antenna that needs to be
replaced and since it was originally a power unit, I'm planning on
going that route. Here's my dilemma. I have access to an original
power antenna from another '56 which may or may not be fully
functional. Assuming it is, the seller has quoted me $300; if not,
$150 (it hasn't been tested yet). My alternative is to spend about
$30 buying a modern power antenna replacement that is claimed to
universally fit nearly any old car however it is only a 31" unit
whereas the originals were 39" or more (better for AM reception).

Any thoughts as to which route to take? Do the prices for the
original sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Jeff
'56 Sedan