RE: IML: '60 LIMO is Back...

This car is crying out to be saved.

I would agree that it is looking pretty dismal, but I also think that there is plenty there to work with. Considering the rarity of the car, and what it would be when finished, it would be worth the effort. Though seldom a money making proposition, this looks like it would still be worth restoring. I have seen many "lesser" Imperials rebuilt from a lot less than this.

I would never recommend placing a bid, unless it could be thoroughly inspected. That said, these were not flimsy cars. The amount of visible rot would not necessarily indicate to me that it is hopelessly rotten underneath.

I think if some ambitious Imperial fanatic was young enough with plenty of years ahead to finish it (or wealthy enough to make up the difference in cash), this would be a great one. Body work, upholstery, and mechanical repairs are all skills that can be learned. I am spread way too thin with the cars I have. Thinking that I could learn and do everything necessary to restore this car myself would be foolish at this point in my life. Ah, to be 35 once again and not scared of anything!

Under those circumstances, I would get interested in this in a heartbeat!

Paul W.