Re: IML: Fwd: 54 parking brake/Check Rear Brakes!

Re: IML: Fwd: 54 parking brake/Check Rear Brakes!

Are you sure it is the parking brake that is grabbing???

My '55 Imperial felt that way when the rear wheel brakes were sticking. It wouldn't go forward, but it would back up fine. Until I got it fixed, I had to try forward and back several times before I could actually move forward. The grabbing seemed like it was in the driveline, but it was actually the rear brakes.

The parking brake will only grab if it is adjusted incorrectly.

Paul W.