Re: IML: Quite amazing but I wouldn't recommend it....

Re: IML: Quite amazing but I wouldn't recommend it....

Last spring, on the recommendation of several IMLers, I had the
multiple-piece bumpers from my '59 Imperial sent to Southern Bumper
Exchange in Atlanta for rechroming.  I boxed them up at my restorer in
Maryland and he had UPS pick them up.  When they were done, how to get them
home for the least amount of expense?  Simple solution:  I drove the '66
Imperial to the Anniston show in April and on the way home picked them up!
There were two (maybe three, don't recall) very long pieces - the width of
the car, so about 80" - and four smaller ones.  With the handy reclining
passenger seat feature, I fit them in from the front passenger floorboard
to the rear parcel shelf.  Richard Burgess, who had been storing them for a
month or so, was amazed that they all fit.  I got them all the way home
(650 miles in 9-1/2 hours) in Imperial luxury and utility!

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1966 Imperial Crown
et al.