IML: Please Welcome New Member, Burton Bouwkamp (1981, 1982)

IML: Please Welcome New Member, Burton Bouwkamp (1981, 1982)

New Subscriber(s): Burton Bouwkamp
Email Address is: northburt@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Grand Rapids, MI and Melbourne, FL

Car(s) owned: 1982 Imperial (light blue with leather interior)
1982 Imperial (parts car)
1981 Imperial (parts car)

Self-Introduction: I was Director of Body Engineering at Chrysler Corporation from 1979 to 1983. In 1978 or 1979 Lee Iacocca decided we needed an Imperial.
(We had discontinued the previous Imperial in 1976). We did the new Imperial ("Y" Body)in time for a 1981 model introduction but in 1983 sales volume dropped to such a low level that we stopped building it mid-model. Lee said, "don't bring that (the Imperial)up again!". We didn't.