Re: IML: Painting your Imperial

I haven't followed this thread but I am preparing for a repaint of my black 65 Crown. Do these shops like Miracle do minor body work/rust repair? What about the chrome bits? Are they removed or just masked?

Eric,
I had my 64 Crown done by Miracle Auto Painting in Stockton CA. I was very pleased with the job. I would suggest you visit the different shops and look at a finished product. They should have a couple in various stages of finish to so you can see the process. If they won't let you see that then I would move on to another shop. I also agree that going to black you would  be very unhappy. Shops like Miracle & Maaco do so much painting they are pretty good at it. I had a bad experience with Earl Scheib  awhile back, so I wouldn't personally recommend them, According to the Sacramento Phone book you have 5 Maaco's and 5 Miracle's to choose from. That should give you a pretty good start. Good luck & keep us updated

George
64 Crown
64 LeBaron