RE: IML: Painting Clear Base?

I've just finished putting my 67 back together (I'm still working on the
write-up for the IML page on the project) but since this question of black
paint and how it looks has come up, you might want to take a look at my car.
It is painted with single stage paint, no clear coat.   The paint we used is
DAL-9000, A Ditzler "double-deep black".  We used a hardener, and very slow
thinner, but no other tricks.

In my opinion, this is the purest deep black look one can achieve.  I took
it to the SCIOC meeting last week; the other members seemed to agree.

Here is a link to the pictures of my car:

http://users.sdccu.net/dickb/67crown4dr/FE.jpg

For other views of the car, just substitute the following picture names for
"FE" (front end):

Name              Description

Lftj              (left front top view)

RRj               (right rear view)

Pklts             (parking lights and grille)

Orn               (hood ornament from driver's seat)

Taillts           (rear end at dusk)

Bklts             (ditto, brakes on)

Int               (Interior view)

Doorpanels        (like it says)

Rearseat          (un-hunh)

Tk                (trunk)

Pv2               passenger's view)

Radio

Odo               (odometer reading - 38 miles this week, first since 1977!)

Hdlnr             (Headliner)