Re: IML: Please Welcome Shaun and Lou Read

Re: IML: Please Welcome Shaun and Lou Read

No published list shows a 1935 Chrysler Airstream Six (model C-6)  2-door
convertible coupe.  However. it is illustrated in the brochure and
contemporary model listings show the price at $870 with a weight of 3,053
pounds for the American market   Most writers claim the 6-cylinder
convertible coupe was either not built or the production included with some
other model.

However, over the years errors and omissions have been been noted in
published figures, and your convertible coupe is undoubtedly one of these
omissions.   For some strange reason the 1939 Dodge Luxury Liner DeLuxe
production figures were not published for all models and as a result many
writers have claimed these models were never produced.  And they make the
claim even though these models exist in metal.

Similarly, no figures have been published for the 1949 Dodge Coronet
7-passenger sedan and thus none were produced, claim some.   But I know they
were built as I found one in a yard east of Edmonton in Alberta.

Known production figures for the C-6 models are (American and Canadian
production combined) :
2-door business coupe - 1,975
2-door rumble seat coupe - 861
2-door sedan - 400
2-door touring sedan - 1,901
4-door sedan - 6,055
4-door touring sedan - 12,790
2-door convertible coupe - ??
chassis-cowl units - 476
TOTAL - 24,458

What is the serial  number on your car?  It should be stamped on a plate
attached to the right (passenger) front door hinge post.  Also, does your
car have a body plate on the cowl under the hood?  If so, what is the body
number?

You can get a copy of the build record for your car from DaimlerChrysler
Historical for $45 US.   It records the serial number, engine number,
options, paint code, interior code, shipping order number, date built, date
shipped, and to which dealer it was shipped.

Bill
Vancouver, BC