From: hflyboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:03:39 -0500
Subject: IML: Torsion bar exhaust Y pipe routing

After looking at the factory pictures I still haven't been able to reconcile the routing of the left torsion bar vs. the Y pipe on my 1962 Imperial. All the pictures I found showed a dual exhaust system, mine is the OEM single exhaust with a Y pipe crossover. With the engine and tranny out, after removing the left torsion bar I couldn't remember (probably Alzheimer's disease!) whether the torsion bar was routed under, through or over the Y pipe. Would someone be kind enough to look under their Imperial and let me know how it's supposed to be installed?
    While I'm posting, let me toss in a plug for Kanter's front end kits. The bushings and ball joints looked just like the OEM parts, the fit was perfect, and all nuts, washers, cotter keys and grease fittings were there. It took one day to remove and install all upper and lower control arm bushings, upper and lower ball joints, two tie-rod ends, and the strut bushings. I also installed a used and rusty but tight center link I got from Bernbaum in Ohio.

Vincent Crow
546 Snead Road
Fayetteville, GA 30215
Email: hflyboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx