Re: IML: Oil Pan Gasket

I cant give you much more info than you already have for what to remove before the pan can be droped.

but I can tell you that if you use 3m weather strip glue the black kind in a tube. and apply it to the oilpan and let it tach up a little . place the gasket on the pan making sure you looked at how it goes first . apply a little pressure and the glue will hold it in place while you possition the pan back up to the block. this will keep everything perfectly lined up. and prevent the gasket from sliping when you try to start the bolts.

"Hoppa, Anthony L." <ALHoppa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I need to replace my oil pan gasket on my '65. Do I need to remove suspension parts? It looks like it's in the way. Also, are those transmission lines in the way, looks like it? Any tips or advice on sealants or whatever is appreciated.

Tony Hoppa
1965 Crown 4 Door Hardtop

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged,
confidential and covered by the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521.

If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, distribute,
or reproduce this transmission.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please
notify us immediately of the error by return email and please
delete the message from your system.

Pursuant to requirements related to practice before the U. S. Internal
Revenue Service, any tax advice contained in this
communication (including any attachments) is not intended
to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of (i) avoiding
penalties imposed under the U. S. Internal Revenue Code
or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another
person any tax-related matter.

Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
http://www.rkmc.com

Yahoo! Photos