IML: Disgusting reading !!

     I just wasted (in my opinion) $10 in buying the 2006 Consumer Reports book. After looking at the book, ALL American cars were graded no higher than ok. Most were graded below marginally acceptable,  BUT all near east cars (Japanese) were graded  (In my opinion) as walking on water.      They had the same problems as the American cars but American cars were graded much lower.
     I am totally disgusted with Consumer Reports.  To me, it appears they were paid off to slam American cars. I will treat them as suspect from now on.
     I know Chrysler has good products, and I would trust  Chrysler over Consumer Reports, at least Chrysler are more honest when they say they are trying to sell products.
     The slammed the 300 and the Charger, they were graded much lower than Japanese cars. I would trust my family in either of those cars over a foreign product.  Maybe Consumer Reports missed being paid off by American products, that can stand on their own merits.
     Oh, as a second remark they talked Mercedes down also, The only products they didn't slammed were Japanese!!

Charles in Calif.