IML: 1981 imperial,trans fluid,shift kit?

IML: 1981 imperial,trans fluid,shift kit?

I am not sure about the trans,I beleive it is a 904 with lockup converter,it is not a 727 for sure,the trans calls for dextron II,but it is not available anymore,atf + lll seems to incompatable,what trans fluid can I use in place of the dextron ll?all the fluid references gm and ford only now,also I want to install a shift kit,what kind of shift kit can I use?the trans has a lockup converter and all the kits I can find say except for lock up converer,thanks.

frank
columbus ohio