Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 11:36 PM
Subject: IML: Window Motor Repair

I have a 74 Imperial, and bought a gear kit for the power window motor. The motor runs but the window dosn't move. I have never had a door panel off a car before and am not sure if I should take the car to a professional or attempt this myself. I don't want to mess up the door panel on this beautiful condition car. Also I have heard removing the window motor can be dangerous, there is something under tension that cat take your head off. If anybody has any experience with doing this job, please let me know what I am up against. Thanks,           Tom