Re: IML: Headlight doors

Please scan the FSM and email it to me.  Thank you very much.  Maybe it is not such a bad job as I thought it might be.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Headlight doors

most likely the drive gears on the motor are worn out. mine did the same some times worked fine others would only open a bit. when they are closed or open the doors should be tight as in you cannt move then (open or close) if there is play in them the drive is bad. I got a new one from the Dealer was about 80 bucks. was very easy to chg. the motor is in the middle behind the grill. two small screws at top of grill is all that holds them in. and then its very EZ to work on the system. did mine in about 1 HR. I have the FSM and can scan and send the need Pgs. not sure if the FSM is on the site.

--
Alan Jordan
90 IMP

-------------- Original message from "William C. Eggers" <wce1482@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I have a 90 Imperial and the headlight doors will not completely open or close.  Do I need to oil something?  If so, what?  Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to solve it?  Thanks.