Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 1:24 AM
Subject: IML: Door lock question

I want to thank everyone in the club for answering all of my questions, the answers have been very helpful. I just bought the 74 Imperial, and even though it only has 60,500 miles and has been garage kept its whole life it has a few gadget gremlins that I keep coming across. I discovered that the drivers side rear door dosn't stay locked. If you lock the door and try to open it from the outside it will open after you try to open it in about 3 tries. Does anyone out there have experience in how to remedy this problem? The other thing I tested this weekend is the 8 track player, It works and dosn't eat the tape, but it plays the tape too fast. The only control on the 8 track player is too change tracks by pressing the vloume knob, no fast foreward. Every tape I put in it sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks. I picked up some 8 tracks at the local Dirt mall or weekend flea market, I call it the Dirt mall , for 4 dollars for 20 tapes. But every one of them plays too fast. So I have the chipmunks do Woodstock, the chipmunks do Boston, the chipmunks do Neil Young etc. LOL. If anyone knows anything about fixing this let me know. Thanks, TOM