Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 5:39 AM
Subject: IML: Please Welcome Brad Pellett

New Subscriber(s): Brad Pellett
Email Address is: bpellett2085@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Central Texas

Car(s) owned: 1966 Imperial Crown Coupe

Self-Introduction: Hello all on IML!

I used to have a 1963 Imperial Coupe when I was on the List the last time--it was a very pretty gold exterior and only 50,000 original miles when I first got it. I lost it in an accident a few years ago. Now, I am going to buy a 1966 Imperial Coupe and I can't wait to take delivery on it! It of course, has the 440, green leather interior, off-white exterior. It will require a complete resto which I plan to do over the course of a few years. I'm good with the electronics, controls but someone else with have to do the body and the interior. The car has never been in an accident but it was not driven either--26,000 original miles. As the story goes, apparently it was owned by a gentlemen who died and his wife held onto the car for several years. She eventually sold it to a friend who bought it for her teenage son. The son didn't know how to work on cars but tried. Effectively, he disabled the car and sat without running with driver's window open! How could someone do that?

Anyway, I wanted to get your opinion on how I should go about the initial startup of the engine. Should I put something in the cylinders (like a penetrating oil via the spark plug holes) and allow it to work on the inside--I am hoping to preserve the compression (if in fact, the car was only driven 26k.) Or do you think it will it be what it will be and I should just change the fluids, etc., and see what I get? Any secret info would be greatly appreciated! And I am glad to be back into Imperial.

Best regards,
Brad