Re: IML: Battery for a '55

I= E over R Ohms law. It is correct that a 6 volt system requires 2 times the amps for a give job verses a 12 volt battery. That's one of the reasons for going to12 volts. That's why Big trucks use 24 volts. If all your electrical connections on your 6 volt Imperial are good it should start fine. As previously said get the biggest Amp capacity that you can find that will fit into your battery compartment safely.

George