IML: 67-69 turn signal switch discussion

IML: 67-69 turn signal switch discussion

Last week I said:
"Regarding the stamped number helping to identify which other cars may
have used it:

I will dig out my spare new one to see if I can find a stamped number on it,
and report to the list."

I have now done that, and what is molded into the plastic is

"BPN"  These same three letters are also on a tag attached to the wire
bundle.  There are no stamped numbers that I can see.

I have a set of pictures of the new switch, which I can e-mail to anyone who
wants to see them.

I also discovered that the new switches are coming through with a different
part number than the one quoted last week - apparently this is an updated
part number. I can assure all that these newer switches do work in the
67/68/s with the tilt wheel, and I'd bet a weeks pay they also fit later
cars, as they were still being made as of November 1987 (the date on the
latest one I bought).  The new number is 2925 506

Dick Benjamin