Re: IML: Budd Rotors

Hi All,
 I would like to say that I also received an email
with concerns by an IML member this week (3 days ago I
believe) and I for one am very thankful that Leslie
took the time and effort to followup on this members
concerns.

It sounds like all is well and we will have our rotors
soon.

That said I felt Mr. Woodsides personal attacks on
Leslie were completely inappropriate,
These questions came about this week so they were made
public this week.  Period.
There was no secret plan to derail the project and
since we are all volunteers here, until Leslie took
the time and effort to research the questions, they
did not come to light till now.

So a very public Thank You to Leslie for caring enough
to look into this and a Thank you to Shaun for
answering all the questions and for taking paypal!
Jeff

--- Haze Green Wonder
<imperial1967@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shaun and All,
>
> As usual the messenger has been shot.  I appointed
myself twice now to
> compile a list of people who were interested in
> trying to get a rotor made.
> Neither time have I researched the company or gone
about getting quotes.
> However each time, I have received numerous queries
wanting to know, where
> they'd be made(all kinds of concerns about them
> being outsourced), who we
> could sue when they failed, and how we could protect
ourselves from getting
> screwed.  I got a call from a concerned IML'er this
> past weekend who pointed
> out links to inconsistencies with Durabrake on the
web, and I wanting time
> to research it further, spent an hour this morning,
> going through everyone
> who had emailed me so I could give them a heads up
privately rather than
> insulting a potential vendor on the list publicly.
> Obviously I shouldn't
> have wasted the time sending it privately as Dick
> Woodside so clearly
> pointed out by posting it publicly less than 5
> minutes after I sent it out.
> And sheesh I am sorry I pointed any of this out, but
I felt some
> responsibility as I had compiled the list of people
> willing to get shafted by purchasing rotors.
>
> Meanwhile I was unsure as there have been numerous
stories on the IML about
> your only protection when dealing with an unknown
vendor is to use a credit
> card....  Well Shaun never posted that  we could pay
him with PayPal, but
> alert member Harvey, did email us all back this
> morning and let us know
> about the PayPal Option with an additional fee.
>
> Anyway, Shaun I'm sorry to drag you into this
> publicly, but you seem to be
> very forthcoming and I'm sure you've made everyone
feel quite comfortable
> with doing business with Durabrake.  I certainly
> appreciate your willingness
> to wade through the IML email for the past month.
>
> Meanwhile, I'd like to tell everyone I have no
> association with Durabrake or
> Precision Brakes, if you choose to do business with
any of the above
> companies.  Neither company has badmouthed the
other, all information
> mentioned has come from members of the list.  I
> vowed several years ago,
> never to do anything with the IML again, and I
> regret getting involved this
> time.  The IML has turned into a bunch of loud
> mouthed blowhards and whiney
> non-doers.  Only reason I'm still lurking is there
> are a still a couple of
> members who are jewels of information and kindness
who haven't been run off.