IML: 53 Limo ...... Worth Restoring ?

My 70 years of Chrysler book states, 'as usual, the moat expensive &
heaviest Chrysler car was the Crown Imperial
8-passenger Limousine. This year it cost
$7,044 & weighed 5,275 pounds. Only 111 were built. In addition to
completed cars, one Crown Imperial chassis-cowl unit was sold. All Crown
Imperials used 8.90x15  tires, while the Custom Imperials used
8.20X15 tires."

Restoration decisions depend on a number of items to decide. If you're a
bit daffy & have mechanical abilities, & can visualise the end result,
it helps cut expenses. A heathy bank account is also an advantage!
Major expenses for me were paint, body, interior  & engine rebuild. Rust
was a minimal problem on my restoration & could be expensive to correct.
A shop manual & parts book are a necessity. A view of my 39 Imperial
restoration  may give you an indication
of what is involved.

Jim ... Sunnyvale,CA

  http://www.imperialclub.com/yr/1939/limo/martin/index.htm