Re: IML: Drum Brake-shoe upgrade

Hi All...has anyone tried or have info about, these 'ceramic drum brake' upgrade kits? they are suposed to be replacements for standard drum brakes but provide much better stopping distances? The wheel cylinders and springs, plus the shoes of course, are suposed to be standard replacements. I had heard that CERAMIC disc pads can wear out the rotors MUCH faster than using regular disc pads , so I was wondering if this would also be the case for these ceramic drum-brakes? with the cost of getting replacement drums for our Imperials , if this is in fact the case, then its certainly not necessarily the best way to go!!!
Any info would be helpful....i thiught this particular option (ceramics) might be a way to shorten the stopping distances but still allow to keep the 'stock' look of the wheels/brakes.
Just askin'!!!!!!
Dan Melnik