Re: IML: 64 Imperial rear bumper removal

Re: IML: 64 Imperial rear bumper removal

Remove only the bolts going directy to into the
bumper.  I vaguely recall there are only two on each
bumper end, plus a couple in the big brace behind the
gas cap.  Don't worry about unhooking the various
braces at the end of the fender rails just the bolts
the go through to the bumper.  Also, last two bolts to
take off are accessed throught the inside of trunk,
approximately behind the back-up lights.   These bolts
go through 2" thick blocks of rubber (which are
compressible to adjust alignment when re-attaching).
You should also be able to unplug the light harness
from within the trunk before removing bumper.   Helps
to have a couple of milk crates below the bumper to
catch it when you pull it off.  It's heavy!!

Have fun!

Chris H.

66 LeBaron