IML: Trying this again

Hi Gang,
I have been trying to find shocks, U-joints and brake booster change out ideas for the 55 imperial.  I understand the Kelsey Hays brake system was used one year.  Is there another system that will interchange with the factory one without much hassle.  I would like to go to the front and rear master cylinder for safety reasons.  Does anyone have any ideas?
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaa