IML: More on Braking Distances

Hi all -

Sorry to belabor this topic, but I found an
interesting and probably objective report which
includes braking distances.  It's the Michigan State
Police testing a variety of vehicles considered for
police work. The braking test is more than a single
stop and the results are surprising.  The vehicle
closest to an Imperial in weight is the Ford
Expedition at 5400 lbs.  Its 60-0 average score is
162.3 feet.  The only test result I've found for an
Imperial is 185 feet (mentioned in my last email),
which is about 50 feet more than the best test report
in the MSI study (a Camaro).  The file name is:

msp2001bulletin.pdf

and you can search google to find it (and its link)

As all Imperial owners should know - keep that
following distance "cushion" generous!

Now we need one or more owners to perform similar
tests, ideally before and after a disc brake
conversion.

Bob