Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Transmission leak

From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: solving a leaky trans.

Hi All.....noticed a small amount of transmission fluid coming
from the front part of the trans on 'Doris' my '66 convertible the
other day. I don't want to have the car in the shop right now as I
am planning on going to the Southern 7 Northern California Imperial
Owners combined get-together at Solvang, CA at the end of this
month. Can anyone suggest a decent addative to stop the leaking
for now?

Well, short-term you can always just carry a can of transmission fluid
and check it regularly. With vigilance, a small leak won't result in
transmission damage. My car has a small ring seal leak, and keeping it
topped up has prevented any problems for a couple years now (probably
longer, it leaked when I bought it). I'm not a big fan of putting 'sealers'
into cars I intend to keep. I don't have a nice clean garage floor to
protect, though.
-Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT