Re: IML: Vinyl roof saga continues.

Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
For the replacement windshield, am I corerect in believeing that all full size Mopars from 1969-1973 have the same front windshield?
Not quite.  The '70 and '71 Imperial has the radio antenna embedded IN the windshield.  The glass will physically fit the opening, but the wire antenna will be visible in the glass.

Also note that non-tinted glass was available, so assuming your car has factory A/C, be sure the replacement has the tinted area at the top.
The "simple" replacemnent of a vinyl roof with a little rust treatment (approx 2 square feet on the roof) is becoming much more of a challenge that I anticipated or wanted.
Almost nothing is ever simple with these cars.  LOL!  Sometimes I've felt like something as "simple" as changing a bulb in the fender mounted turn signal indicator meant I needed to remove the back bumper and work my way forward.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

The Imperial Bookshelf - Repair/Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More!

My Collection of Imperials
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
1970 Imperial LeBaron