From: Mark Alexander <m.alexander@shaw.ca>
Sent: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:13:13 -0700
Subject: IML: Dual Master Cylinder Install - 63

Getting ready to dust of the 63 Crown for the summer, one of the projects which I am planning on tackling before hitting the road is replacing the standard single master cylinder with a dual master cylinder. The main purpose of doing this is to avoid catastrophic brake failure which happened once when a wheel cylinder failed, luckily it was while I was  waiting a at drive-thru window and was able to stop using the parking brake without any damage.

So the plan is to install a dual reservoir master cylinder and run separate lines for front and rear brakes. I have some questions if anyone was done this before:

- Is there a recommended master cylinder that bolts into 63 and has the required cylinder reservoir capacity?
- Are the stock brake lines separated into front and back and brought back into the engine compartments or will I have to run all new brake lines.?
- It appears that single master cylinders were used so that each wheel would have equal braking pressure applied, and larger wheel cylinders were used in the front to proportion additional braking to the front wheel. Will changing the master cylinder also require changing each wheel cylinder?
- Any recommendation on parts suppliers or possibly a kit to make these modifications?

Thanks
MOA