Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi,and request fo

Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi,and request for insur

I think that most lawyers charge about $300,000 for lunch these days. If you do not have six or seven zeros in your liability insurance you could risk losing everything that you own! It happens every day to some poor sap.

----- Original Message -----
From: "JAY D'ANGELO"
Subject: Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request for insur
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 02:42:18 +0000

Most collector car insurance companies will
insure your car for an "agreed value." You
both agree what the value is, they charge the
appropriate amount and if it gets totalled, you
get what you both agreed it was worth.

For many years, I've been using American
Collectors Insurance in New Jersey
(800-360-2277). For $230 a year, I had an
agreed value (on my TBird) of $30,500, 300,000
liability, no deductible comprehensive and no
deductible collision and it came with towing
and labor and spare parts. Most of these
collector car insurance companies are going to
be within a few bucks of each other's premiums
for the same coverage.

I wouldn't mess around with a company that
doesn't understand the peculiarities of
collector cars. The rates are low because they
KNOW you will take better care of your car than
of your wife - therefore, they don't have to
pay out as much.

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the