IML: Number of LeBaron Crown Coupes

Well, I should have read on...here is the answer, of course, thanks Bill!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Watson <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 24 May 2006 22:43:09 -0700
Subject: Re: IML: '75 Imperial and '76 New Yorker Brougham;

>From 1971 to 1975 all Imperials were LeBarons - the last Crown series was
built in 1970.

The 1974-75 Crown coupe was a package on the LeBaron 2-door hardtop, code
V4Y in 1974 ($527 US). and V4c in 1975 ($579 US).   The package included a
padded canopy-style vinyl roof with fixed-glass opera windows.  As the C
pillar area did not have a vinyl covering, the rear window was the larger
Chrysler glass, and not the usual smaller LeBaron style.   A "LeBaron"
nameplate appeared on the C-pillar just to the rear of the vinyl roof.

Production for 1974 and 1975 :

1974 -
4-door hardtop - 10,576
2-door hardop - 3,850
Total - 14,426
(Of the 3,850 2-door hardtops, 57 had the Crown Coupe option - all KY4 -
Golden Fawn with a gold vinyl roof - V4Y.  It was introduced in March)

1975  -
4-door hardtop - 6,102
2-door hardtop - 2,728
Total - 8,830
(Of the 2,728 2-door hardtops, 1,641 had the Crown Coupe option, leaving
1,087 with the regular roof line)
1975 colours included LA2 - Silver Cloud Metallic (V4A), KB8 - Starlight
Blue Metallic (V4B), KG8 - Deep Sherwood Metallic (V4G), KT9 - Dark Chestnut
Metallic (V4T), EW1 - Spinnaker White (V4W),. TX9 - Formal Black (V4X),
KY4 - Golden Fawn (V4Y), and LY6 - Inca Gold Metallic (V4Y).

The 1974=75 Imperial did come with more equipment than the New Yorker as
standard, plus carpeted trunk, better sound insulation and a road test to
correct any flaws before shipping.  Also, the 1974-75 Imperials had
something no 1970's New Yorker ever had - 4-wheel disc brakes.

By the way, a similar package to the Crown Coupe were offered on Chrysler
New Yorker Brougham - the St.Regis.

Bill
Vancouver, BC