IML: Re:Club Thank yous followup to kenyons message (A Little longwinded

IML: Re:Club Thank yous followup to kenyons message (A Little longwinded!) :-0

Hi,
  As a followup to Kenyons message, I wanted to add a
few more thank yous of people who have done so much to
keep this Big old Imperial boat afloat!
(If I leave anyone else out, I apologize but I wanted
to add to Kenyon's list..)

There is a web page on the site that lists a lot of
the volunteers (Mostly webmonsters) who help currently
here;
http://www.imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/TeamOfVolunteers/index.htm

First and foremost is Manual Alvarez who Hosted the
IML website for Many many years basically for free,
and who STILL hosts the IML mailing list for almost
nothing.  THANK YOU MANNY!

Then there is Mark Evans who has done and continues to
do most everything related to setting up and maintaing
the current IML website server as well as scanning and
posting a huge amount of content.

Thanks also to Mark Elliott who has done a ton of
scripting and database type work like the Imperial
highway.

Then there is Steve Bryan & Eric Ruud who do all the
joins and maintenance of adding and removing people
from the IML which is a thankless never ending task I
might add!

Then there is the list of people who have been
"impcops" trying to keep this mailing list a friendly
welcoming place Folks like Steve B., Kerry Pinkerton,
Bill Johnson (AKA Whiteshoes - The ORIGINAL IMPCOP),
Elijah Scott, Mopar Robb, Brad Hogg, Rog van Hoy,
myself, (Am i forgetting anyone?)

The admin list members who help set the rules we live
by here and who are always willing to add support and
suggestions when issues arise on the mailing list or
dealing with the site.

Then there is  Dave Candage who coined the name and
helped as a "Webmonster" (the group of people who
maintain the site) in the early days.

I Have to say Mike and Chris Trettin who did the whole
current layout and graphics and the quality control on
the site did so many thousands of hours of work on the
site I can scarcely believe what all they did! (I
would not be exagerating if I guessed they probably
have 10,000 hours of work in on the site.  So much of
what you see today was laid out and or created by
them.  AMAZING people!!!

Then there is Brad Hogg (our friend to the North!) ;-)
who did a ton of good work with the NYB parts of the
site and who now has his own New yorker Brougham
mailing list and site and chats and so much more
at;http://www.nybclub.org/.

Then there is Elijah Scott who like myself has been
around since the very early days of the IML and who
has contributed countless hours to help mke the IMl
what it is in a variety of ways serving as moderator,
Yearbyyear Webmonster, admin list member, Constant
Encourager to myself and countless others, and as a
true friend of the IML.

Of course NO discussion of the IML and what it is or
was should go on without mentioning Tony Lindsey.
The Founder of the Mailing list and the originator of
the IML website.  he had the forsight and love of the
IMperials in the very early days of the internet and
saw this as a great way to help us network and support
one another and keep our cars on the road for future
generations!  Without his vision and thousands of
hours of work, the IML would not exist.

Then there are the unsung heroes of the IML like Dick
Benjamin
Saint Dick as I call him!  His wisdom and ever present
willingness to help out with the most obscure and
technical questions especially related to the
1981-1983 Fuel Injection questions is a wonderful
blessing.   I can not begin to count the number of
times I have been stuck and I just look for posts by
Dick on that subject or I write him and he is always
there to help!
There are many others every day on the IML willing to
help out a newbie or supply the solution to a problem
that crops up.

Also folks like Philippe Courant who is one of our
members from France and Dietmar Frensemeyer from
Germany and other international members who maintain
and international presence here and on the web where
they share their wisdom and amazing cars with the
world.

Thanks to all the rest of the people who I have left
out and to the people who will step up and help out to
continue adding to this amazing mailing list and web
site.

Finally I will end with a request that YOU consider
helping with the IML.

Everyone can help out in some way!
Perhaps you can contribute a little cash or a story of
your car for the mailing list or for the web site, or
perhaps learn HTML and join the webmonsters adding
content to the IML,
or taking pictures of your own Imperial or NYB and
sending it to the webmonsters for inclusion on the
site,
or writing a message of welcome to new members to make
them know they are welcome here and that we are glad
to have em join us,
or writing a letter to local politicians asking them
to leave us and the old car hobby alone,
or handing out flyers about the IML to Imperial owners
you meet,
or taking pictures of the Imperials you see at local
car shows,
or documenting Imperial meets held throughout the
country,
Or taking over the interviews for the member
spotlights that Kenyon mentoned,
or one of a million other ways you can help keep our
"endangered species" of Imperial Eagles around for
future generations to enjoy.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELPING AND FOR BEING HERE!
Jeff Ingraham
(Proud to say I was member #5 of the IML WAY back in
the bad old days!)