Re: IML: steering wheel (rim blow) resto

Re: IML: steering wheel (rim blow) resto

Frank Winnips <frank@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to repair my cracked steering wheel but I have a problem with removing the rim blow switch. The rubber of the switch has turned rock solid and is almost impossible to remove from the groove. Is there a product to make the rubber soft again so I can get it out easily?
Dynamite?  ;o)

OK, just kidding, but this is a common problem with all of the rim-blow switches.  As far as I know, once the rubber gets brittle, that's the end of the story for that switch.

A replacement rim-blow switch is available at http://www.shakerhood.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=29&osCsid=a1bfca565b6afb3295ed73133b8ecf49 (the Mopar one is the last one on the page) for the bargain price of $125.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron