Re: IML: Pedal Pink?

YY1 1961 is indeed the pinkish color, called Malibu Tan.  Oddly, as it ages, it gets pinker, not tanner, and it is salmony.  I have such a car, named Pinkie, the Parts Car Not; and you can see it at the club page By Year 1961, John Corey's Subtle XS.

On Jun 18, 2006, at 2:33 PM, john sadowski wrote:

On the 61's, the color is slightly more salmon toned. I don't have a 61 chart handy & can't remember the name of the color. If you've seen a 61 in that color though, you know it does look pink.
John
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Pedal Pink?

hi Again

Ive been looking at the 60-61 charts.  If you look at the RM sheet, in 1960 ,,the pedal pink color looks to match my car .. The dawn mauve doesnt look right.. the 1961 chart has no pinks on  it  so that why i'm inquiring. the color code on the car is YY1 .. Any more input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Russ Dyer

John Corey
CFIC-Qdrive, 302 Tenth St., Troy, NY 12180 USA
518-272-3565
fax: -272-3582