Re: IML: How much Marvel?

Hi Dan,

While I'm a Rislone guy (one quart per oil change...my grandfather used it,
my old-timer mechanic endorsed it, and I even have my pop's big old Rislone
display thermometer from his garage hanging in my house...scientific, no?!),
I'm not anti-Marvel. Doesn't it say on the container how much to add to oil,
fuel, etc.?

By the way, did you say 50,000? Fifty? That's not a recent rebuild unless
you drive the Space Shuttle. That's a fully broken-in engine, even ready for
high-mileage oil again though it's in the prime of its life.

You can use MMO at every oil change in the crankcase, and on occasional
fill-ups at the gas station. If you haven't put an additive in the fuel for
a while, I'd consider replacing the fuel filter one tankful later, since any
additive tends to de-gunk the fuel tank and lines, and all that stuff will
(hopefully) end up in the filter...

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon