IML: GHIA Imperial

I am trying to send a link so you can see it.  But - DUH I have sent it to myself the last few times.  Give me a bit of time - I'll figure it out.  Anyway the rest of the story.  Went to the auction.  Bidding started slow but went to $10,000 real fast [+ a 10% buyers premium].  I watched and two people were at it.  I set my limit @ $12500 and the car eventually went for $14,000.  The guy purchasing it - had no idea what it was - he just thought it looked different and he wanted it.  I talked to him after the bidding ended and we discussed where he was going to $ wise.  He was prepared for a $25,000 bid + the 10% buyers premium.  So he was way above where I was going to go to.  NOW - the '73 - came up before the Ghia - like it should - 1 bidder [not me] and it went for $3,000.00  So I got a box of french fries with gravy and drowned my sorrows.  I wonder if the wife would have left me for going over our agreement by a measly $1500 to $2000.    OH YEAH forgot to mention that the car was having a transmission problem - they said it was the linkage.  I got nervous as I have no concept of the complexity of a push button selector.  Another reason I didn't go higher.  Regards Peter  ---- I will hopefully sometime tonight figure out how to post a link to the pictures.   Regards Peter Thielman

Do you Yahoo!?