RE: IML: Fan concerns Pt 2, my '66 Coupe

Had the same on my 66------440 and it turned out to be a partially clogged radiator but check your oil for coolant and your coolant for oil as you never know you could have a head gasket problem . I hope not but with old cars they can be a little frustrating at times , good luck.

From: "Creesto4 Lynch" <creesto@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Fan concerns Pt 2, my '66 Coupe
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:18:56 -0400

I recovered this clip from an earlier post:

   If your radiator fan freewheels after shutting the car off, and the
engine and outside temp are hot, then the fan clutch is shot. Replace
that,
and it might solve the problem by itself.

My car died today at Sears, from overheating. When we stopped and I popped
the hood, the radiator overflow was puking coolant and the entire 440 was
steaming hot. The temp gauge, however, never went above the halfway mark.
While poking at my fluid dipsticks, I noticed that MY fan freewheeled. The
temp in Columbus today was in the high '80s. Does this mean my fan clutch is
toast? I couldn't be more frustrated as I have spent 3 weeks tearing down
and building up after replacing my rear main seal. HELP!

--
Chris Lynch
Feinex Design House

"About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness
and the rest are bread-and-butter designs."  --Manolo Blahnik