Re: IML: Oil loss 1969 LeBaron

One sensor for the oil pressure gage and the second for the Sentry Signal function.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: IML: Oil loss 1969 LeBaron

I drained the oil. 1.5 quarts left.

The leak is from the smaller of the two sensors at the back of the engine at the top. Quite a steady stream.

What does this sensor do and how do I get it out. It seems to be between 1" and 1 1/16". A short socket is too short and a long socket does not clear the back of the intake manifold. I am thinking about a crow foot or some special tool.

The engine seemed to run fine, although very briefly as I determined the oil leak.

I have ot go ride a bike now.

Thanks.

Fred Joslin